2014-2015

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Preparing for my 21DSD

Wow. It's been a while for me. So much for my plan, last year, to keep up with my blog! I feel like I lost half a year of my life when everything at work changed. I went from part time head cashier to full time admin, and I feel like I spent more time at work than anything else in my life. I feel like my kids were missing out, and I know I was missing out on them. I'm super excited for the current turn of events, and I am looking forward to uncovering the new joys this year holds for me.

Tomorrow is day 1 of the February group 21-Day Sugar Detox, and I'll be joining in! This isn't my first, or even second, time going through the detox, and I'm looking forward to getting to the point that I know I will get to; less bloating, fewer cravings, less feeling bad. I'm not looking forward to the "sugar withdrawals" as it were; the super duper intense cravings I usually get in the first three days. I look forward to when the "not sweet treats" actually feel like a sweet treat, and a banana or a green apple are enough sweetness to get you through the day.

My goal for this 21DSD, along with sticking with the eating plan for the 21 days on level 3, is to blog about it every day. Maybe 21 days of blogging can get me back into the habit of paying attention to this space, and use it what it's for; my kids, my life. This one is perfect timing; at the end of this month my husband and I will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary; so I have my eye on the prize, looking forward a nice night out with my man when this is all over. That should be enough to get me through whatever moments of weakness I feel pressing in on my during the next three weeks!

So, however boring they may seem to me, I will post pictures of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and any snacks during the day. I'll keep track of how I feel while on the detox, any issues per day I may have. And who knows? Sneaky homeschool or gardening pictures may wind up in those updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment