2014-2015

Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 1: 21DSD

Day 1 -

Sleep quality - Not great, honestly. I know this was day 1, so it's a baseline measurement. Today was the first day my husband switched to a third shift schedule, so he was gone all night. I had little ones who were sick yesterday, spending all night taking turns climbing into the bed. We had an accident about 6 am, and I had to get up and change clothes and bed sheets. We all went back to sleep and slept most of the morning.

Exercise -Does running errands count? Seriously, I was fully intending on walking today. But it was 60 degrees and sunny yesterday, and 40 with freezing rains today, so I was not walking in that. **Side note: I'm still only 5 weeks postop, so heavy exertional exercise is not in the cards for me just yet.

Food -

Breakfast - Two eggs, two slices of bacon, a heaping helping of sauerkraut, and coffee, of course.





Lunch - While browsing Facebook, dear Liz Wolfe of Real Food Liz had posted a video on eating sardines, so that made my decision for lunch for me. I decided on a big ass salad with sardines.
While preparing my salad, I snacked on a few slices of Applegates pepperoni.




Dinner - Dinner was actually leftovers from yesterday, but still oh so good. We have a few grass-fed roasts in the freezer; this is one of them, along with whipped sweet potatoes, and green beans. Yum.




I had one serving of Kombucha, and I'm contemplating a few of these nifty little apple and coconut bite-sized treats from PaleOMG.

Notes - I really want some chocolate. And I was a little down today, but I know that was more personal issues going on than anything to do with food. Honestly, the food is easy for me. I have a set of rules, and I follow it. I've been through this enough times to know that once I get past days 3 and 7, a cheat would set me back, and that was hard enough going through the first time. It's not hard to get in line and eat right. It's the moving that I never seem to be motivated to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment