2014-2015

Monday, March 10, 2014

The Mess that is my Pinterest board....The Middle School Years...

When Pinterest first came about, I thought it was a GREAT way to clean up my bookmarks!! I would find stuff, follow little rabbit trails on all my boards, thing it was cool, bookmark it, and forever forget about it.  When I would randomly decide to go through my bookmarks, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why half of my links were even there?!  I thought Pinterest was the answer to a need.  I started using it as a way to organize my bookmarks even better than I had them in the folders I had, and I was able to put a little blurb under each one as to WHY I was saving the bookmark, giving myself searchable terms if I needed to.  I even found other people pinning great stuff!!  Then the reality hits.  Pinterest will randomly delete your pins.  Some of the stuff you pin from other people don't go anywhere.  Some of them are spam.  Also, it's kind of addicting, so... I probably have close to the limit of pins Pinterest allows.

I'm going to clean up my homeschooling board, and start adding stuff here.  I have fallen out of love with Pinterest, quite a while ago actually when they kept deleting some of my pins for various reasons, and then I was hard pressed to find it again to mark somewhere else for my own benefit.  Since, you know, that was the point of the boards.  My. Personal. Benefit.

Whatever.

Let's see if I can find a not-nonsensical way to post all this stuff!  There are nearly 1000 pins on this board (not counting those on my Preschool board, which has close to 200), so bear with me. I'll start with Middle School, since I already have one for high school, then I'll have a separate post for Pre-K and K, and elementary school years. 


Middle (5th - 8th)-

Help a Middle Schooler Succeed  - Not for homeschoolers, but can glean some information 

English -
Punctuation Poster
Hogwarts unity study
Literature CHOLL
Writing Rules
Onomatopoeia
Changing Paragraphs poster
Story Map
How to use a semicolon
Persuasive Writing with Oreos
Personification
Idioms
Similes
Metaphors
Roots
Grammar Helpers
Dr. Seuss for Intermediate
Worksheets for the Hobbit
LOTR audio



Math -
Japanese Multiplication
Butterfly Fractions
Easy Long Division
LOF Intermediate
Fractions to Decimals to Percents


Science -

BFSU 3
Supercharged Science - Usually there's a deal for this at the HSBC


Biology -
Brain hemisphere hat
Google Books Anatomy Coloring Book
Virtual Dissection
Photosynthesis lab
Ecosystem in a bottle
DNA experiment
Genetics lab
Frog virtual dissection
Osmosis/diffusion lab
Genes
Teaching the Digestive System
DNA Experiment 
Iron for Breakfast
Minecraft through the elements




Fascinating Biology
The Joy of Chemistry
Anatomy Arcade
Homeschooling Middle School Science
Easter Eggs Genetics



History -
Geography Notebook
Interactive Civil War Map
Animated Atlas of American History
Eye Witness to History
World History Time Map
Viking Voyage
Famous men of the middle ages audio
Discover Texas History
Ultimate Texas History guide
Freedom: A History of US
Texas A unit study
Tour the World Song
Tour the States Song
Famous Texans
GuestHollow - The History Shelf
List of Historical Movies on YouTube
Teaching history without a textbook

Electives -
Primal Health
Photography class
Learning a second language
Digital photography for kids
Manual mode for beginners
Computer Science
Computer Programming
Beginning Web Design

No comments:

Post a Comment