2014-2015

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

There is no one like me. Or my family. There is not a model I can look at to know the right answer or the right thing to do.

I am not perfect. Nor do I profess to be.

There are some things that seem to be something that we want, and we strive for it. Sometimes, there are obstacles in your way; and who knows? maybe they are put there to make sure you really want what you think you want.

But how long do you have to struggle with something to realize, maybe it wasn't the right choice? maybe there is a reason there is such a struggle.

I'm struggling. And I have been for a while now. I keep wavering back and forth, but I'm really struggling right now.

Now what?

1 comment:

  1. I think we all get 'there' sometimes. I also think that your point about the obstacles being there to help you clarify what you want or need is a good one.

    When I am having trouble finding my way, I do several things. I reflect, deeply, on what it is that *I* want. I compare that to what my kids, or my family, needs and see if they're compatible. If not, then I see where compromise can be made.
    I also read extensively - books, articles, blogs - and if I have no model, then I compile bits and pieces to create one that 'fits'. A little of this parenting style, a little of that philosophical belief, a sprinkle of this or that crafty goodness, a dash of dealing with XYZ... and then I compare that information with what I want and need and see where I'm at.

    You'll find your way. Just hang in there.
    ~h

    ReplyDelete